Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oskar's Cook Book

Sometimes I just don't understand why I'm not fat.
I LOVE cooking, it is one of the worlds greatest things
and it comes before fashion because without food
how would I get the energy to go out shopping?
right?

so, this is one of the simplest things to make,
I just don't know why I barely learnt how.

Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese.

what you need and how it works....
1 stick of celery including the leafs
1 carrot diced
1/2 white onion
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
Tomato Puree
4-5 Fresh Tomatoes cut in 8ths
put your 1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil on a medium size pot to heat
add the celery, onions, carrots and a pinch of salt to your very hot olive oil and stirr
after some 5 minutes of stirring add a few leafs of Basil
you're going to need chicken broth and I preferred for it to be warm as well so it doesn't drop the heat on my soup
chop about 1/2 cup of Basil (of course you may add or take off some)
after some 10-15 minutes of stirring our veggies on olive oil, I added the tomatoes, the tomato puree and the rest of the basil
right after I added around 3 of this scooping spoons full of chicken broth (you can add or take off some depending on how thick you like it to be)
add some salt
1 chopped garlic clove
a dollop of sour cream
and bring it to a boil
once it boils let it cool for around 10 minutes and put it in our blender
I blended by portions to make sure everything was throughly blended
of course you should always taste how good or bad it is so you know to add or take off something
make some simple grill cheese (Bread & Yellow Cheese)
and presto.


sorry about the 100 pictures but I hate a recipe without pictures
enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. OMG this looks amazing. Ok so now I believe you and know that you made it from scratch. :)

    ReplyDelete